Wednesday 25 September 2013

DAY THREE.

Ahhh...

"Do not worry too much about your difficulties in mathematics, I can assure you that mine are still greater."
Albert Einstein



 PROBLEM 9

Use 2 digits number and add with another two digits number to get two digits answer:



24+56=80
12+78=90
29+39=60
12+38=50
17+23=40
?+?=30 (Impossible)
All the addition gave us to a whole number; like 80, 90, 60, 50, 40.  


PROBLEM 10 (QUIZ)
This time around, I need to figure out the 2013th letter in my name.



S          H         A         H         I           R         A
1            2           3         4          5          6          7
    8           9        10         11         12         13      14
                                                                             21
                                                                             28
                                                                             35
                                                                           
                                                                            ..
                                                                                1995
                                                                                 2002
                                                                                 2009
2010    2011    2012    2013                                



TA-DA!  Hence, H is the 2013th letter.  
I have 7 letters in my name, so I multiply by 7 at each of the last letter in my name, which is the letter A.  Till I managed to get 2009th and I counted to the 2013th letter.  
*****

Enrichment is in addition to and different from the regular classroom activities by way of offering challenges.  Enrichment are learning activities providing depth and breadth to regular teaching according to the child abilities and needs.

Whereas, in practice, acceleration occurs when children are exposed to new content at an earlier age than other children or when they cover the same content in less time.

Alright, I doubt I answered my quiz right for the second question.  Sobs. 


PROBLEM 11 & PROBLEM 12
  
Share equally among 4 people.

A piece of rectangle paper, find ways how to share an imaginary item to be cut and share equally.
 There are many ways. I will present these ways in my journal.

FRACTIONS

The thing is, it is 1 forth! 
not 1 upon 4, 1 over 4 or 1 out of 4.


It is important to use the right nouns or words to explain or describe the mathematical concepts to the children.  


To end my blog entry for the third day,
here is One big Mob by RED HOT CHILI PEPPER
 Listen (they sang one, two buckle my shoes)- like what Dr Yeap Ban Har mentioned to us in class the previous day.  
 
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment